Wednesday, December 28, 2011

No Fighting It

I give up.  It's no use.  I'm sick and no matter how I try to behave like I'm not, it doesn't change the fact.  I feel like crap.

Last week I forced myself to take a few days off, five in fact, from exercise, but I was going nuts. In the past few days I've taken a ride and a run.  But that's a drop in the bucket compared to what I wanted to do.

I'm on vacation.  I wanted to do two-a-days, run in the morning, ride in the afternoon and somewhere in between, a trip to the gym.  I can't make this something it's not.  So, for the rest of the week I'll take an easy ride or an easy run, if I'm up for it.

In the meantime, I'll give some focus to the Honey-Do list.  Last week I fixed a leaky bathtub faucet, yesterday I worked on the oven and broiler (the igniter was dead), and today I fixed a mysterious electrical problem in the house.  Suddenly an entire series of switches failed to work, and they were on the same circuit as other stuff that worked perfectly.  Nothing that three hours of experiencing the difference between combinations and permutations couldn't fix!  I have a degree in math and couldn't help noting that in this situation the order of the wires definitely mattered...making them permutations, just like a combination lock.  The order matters, making it a permutation lock, not a combination at all.  How could that be confusing?

Actually, the light situation has been broken for a while.  I've worked on it in the past with no luck.  My wife knew I was working on it, but when she came home and EVERYTHING worked perfectly, she looked kind of like this (actually I just wanted to come up with an excuse to post a picture of my nephews and their expressions of excitement and delight):

I still have the week after New Year's off from work, so hopefully I can get this kicked and get 100% healthy.  Then I can focus on some exercise, provided I don't prove myself too handy!

Now, how do I avoid the homemade fudge?  How do I convince myself it won't help make me healthier?

No comments:

Post a Comment