Thursday, May 19, 2011

Do what you love, love what you do



A lot of people would be happy if they'd lost the weight I have and were in my physical condition. But I'm not. I want to improve, a lot.

I don't just want to ride in a century (100 mile bike ride), I want to place. I don't want to just complete a marathon, I want to get the first one in 4 hours.

And while your physical activities have to be fun or you won't stick with them, even the most fun activities lose their appeal sometimes. Yesterday, for example, I did NOT want to run, and I love running. I was sore, the wind was INSANE, and I was worn out from a crazy year at work, poor sleeping the previous two evenings and a stressful day.

Here's a picture of a tree that had been blown over by the day's wind.


But I went anyway. Luckily it was a short run. I ran with a positive attitude and completed the run in a fashion I am proud of. But, change requires sacrifice. One of those sacrifices is sometimes a nap!

Today is an off-day. No running or gym. Tonight is high school graduation and I'll be sitting among the graduates during their ceremony. I hate ceremonies and would rather be doing something else. But, I'll do it with a positive attitude, while maintaining sincerity, and have a good time.

Do what you love, love what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment