Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Running with Cousins


Tonight we (Brianna and I) ran with our cousins, Sarah and Alyssa. We did about 3 1/2 miles and had a great pace. Poor Alyssa does NOT run (yet) and looked miserable. But, being Alyssa, she was upbeat and happy and fun to be around.



The route we took is a portion of the de Anza trail that runs parallel to the Santa Cruz River. It's soft ground, well shaded and meanders. There are some fallen trees crossing the trail that must be jumped over and some pretty cool views of the surrounding mountains.

Today was supposed to be a recovery run. I'm not sure what happened, but Brianna was keeping pace. On the way back she took off like I'd never seen her do. We were booking! It was so much fun. The dog was BEAT, as were the two of us.

Here's the pace-setter today:



In this pic, a bit blurry on my face (you're welcome), you can see my cheap toe-shoes. I love these things.

It's so fun to run with my daughter and cousins.

And here's the route we took: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/34631194

Anyhow, here's to running. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment