Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cardio

Since I've started posting I've lost about 12 pounds. I'm happy about that. It's steady but in my mind too slow. I know it's not too slow, but I want to lose weight.

Because of the extra weight, sometimes, running kills my knees and lower back. They don't usually complain during the run, but later in the day or the next day they do. I had to skip this morning's scheduled run because of sore, swollen knees. At this point I'm having to remember to be patient, I'm in this for the long run (awesome)!

I started doing some boxing training. Whoa, what a level of intensity and what a complete body workout. Muscles in your neck, feet, core, forearms, not to mention your major muscle groups are all spent after a short amount of time!

I'm interested in buying a street bicycle to ride a few days of week to give me some variation from running.

Also, my daughter's cross country season is over. So, I'll be taking her running a few times a week. Now that the summer is slipping away, running in the afternoons is a possibility! That means that I won't always have to get up at 4:45 am to get a run in!

No comments:

Post a Comment