Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Program Week 2

Week two is in the books.  Diet is so-so, but otherwise, things are going great. 

I ran a total of 26 miles, which is two miles more than last week.  Perfect.

I ran two tough runs, one being just shy of 7 miles and the other being a short 3 mile run.  Both had some 80% to 90% efforts, which is the first exertion I've done of that level running in two months.

Then Saturday morning I joined my dad for his first ever double-digit distance run.  We got hit the road about 5 am and logged 10 miles!  That was a neat experience.  I'm a proud son, to say the least.  How cool to hit your all time long distance when in your 60's.  That's pretty tough.

I didn't do much on the bike but did purchase an indoor trainer that kicked my butt today!  That thing is going to be intense.

This coming weekend I have a 5K race, for which, I have little expectation.  In fact, I'm just going to run it like a speed workout.  I'm not ready to push for a PR and will be happy with anything less than  an all time slow of 22 minutes.  Just want to get through it uninjured.

That's about it here.  I'm happy with the running but unhappy with my dietary indiscretion.  I ate very poorly this weekend, including some sweets and beer.  But man, it was good. 

Thank you for your time and I hope all is well with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment