- 7/2010 I weighed about 300 pounds
- 1/2011 I began training for a bicycle race, I was too heavy to run
- 7/2011 I began running, but injury after injury due to over-eagerness
- 1/2012 I began training for the same bicycle race ... why not?
So in May, on dailymile.com, I'm going to post a challenge, Feed the Beast. It's titled in honor of my new motto.
Basically it's a running challenge...accumulate 150 miles in the month is the goal. I've not run over 100 in a month before, so it'll be a stretch. However, I think I can do it. Here's my plan:
- Run six days a week
- Run 4 miles minimum each day (16 miles)
- Each week a long run of at least 10 miles (10 miles)
- Each week a tempo or speed run that covers at least 7 miles (7 miles)
So here's the link.
If you're on dailymile, please add me as a friend: http://www.dailymile.com/people/PhilipB2
My goals for the month are to, of course, complete the 150 miles, but also to remain healthy, lose 10 pounds, and then in the beginning of June, break 20 minutes on a 5K. While that may happen in June, it would be from the work done in May.
With that said, here's a great experience I had today on my ride: