Wednesday, February 8, 2012

No Longer Extra Large In Charge

4:15 this morning was a tough one!  I negotiated with myself saying that I was going to have to shuffle around some workouts this week anyway, so why not just take today off and make it up later.  It sounded SO GOOD.

But, I got out of bed, did an easy two mile jog WITHOUT the hamstring being wrapped, that's a big thing, and then did my routine at the gym.

I'm in the middle of week 2 of the training program and already have a problem with calories.  I'm afraid I'm not eating enough.  I lost four pounds last week, after losing almost 4 the week before.  Today I was down two more since just Monday.  My official weigh-in isn't until Monday, but I have a shot at being significantly under 200!  That'll be nice, but...

So what I'll do is maintain my current course, eating when I'm hungry, and see what happens this week.  Then I'll make a decision regarding increasing my caloric intake.

Meanwhile ...  I had to buy new exercise pants the other day.  I bought M E D I U M S.  They're quite roomy.  Holy crap.

Yesterday I ran a total of 5.5 miles and rode a brutal 32, the wind punishing me pretty severely.  I did eight, one mile springs on the bike, my fastest being in 2:07!!!!  That felt good.  I had the wind at my back for that one.  :D

Today is my annual professional evaluation and I'm curious to see how that will pan out.  I've had three conversations with my new boss, the first was a nasty fight, the second conversation was to resolve the first.  So today will be #4.  Could be interesting. 

With that said, here's a dog who looks both ways before crossing the street:

No comments:

Post a Comment