Sunday, November 13, 2011

Running is Romantic

Running is such a beautiful thing.  The challenge or overcoming yourself, finding out how tough you are, the focus and devotion...it's awesome.  Then there's this:


But aside from that, running is great.  I love it and want more of it!

Yesterday I got on the scale for the first time in over a month and was shocked to see plus 10 pounds!  I'm not worried about it, I'm not fatter.  I'm putting in crazy hours a week of intense cardio.  It stepped on the scale about an hour after a 65 mile ride, meaning I had just consumed about a half gallon of water and eaten a meal.  But, while not being worried about the weight, it was surprising.  All of that extra salt and carb intake!

All I can say is that I'm probably the only 5' 10", 212 pound  rider doing this uphill:

No comments:

Post a Comment