Monday, August 8, 2011

Some runs are special

Vanilla may be the least exciting flavor of ice cream, but it's the coolest color of sunrise.  I realized that this morning.  The sunrise was SPECTACULAR.  My leg was quite good too.  I was down the hill (3/4 of a mile) about two minutes faster I have been in the past few months.  Still, I know by sitting wrong, or stretching or bending over, that if I stretch it out on a run I'm gonna be in trouble!  P A T I E N C E

Regardless, it was awesome to run a bit faster.  I didn't set out to increase my speed, I just go by feel.  If the leg is fine, no complaints, then I'm fine, no complaints.

I explored the neighborhood, deciding at the last second to turn left "here" and then right "here," and so on.  Then, I saw something I never knew existed.  It was a triple rainbow...but not like this kind.  I didn't have my phone, so no pictures.  :(

I've seen double rainbows like in the video before, but this was different.  First, there was no space between the rainbows.  Normally you just see one spectrum, yellow through violet.  Here, though, after violet, was yellow again and it repeated.  The rainbow didn't go across the sky, I only saw a small portion of it, like a random swipe from a broad painter's brush.  Either way, the colors were extremely vibrant through the middle and it was PDN (pretty darn neat).

When the rainbow was gone I looked at my watch and I'd run 28 minutes.  From where I was I could've been home in about 4 minutes, but that wasn't long enough.  I explored some more, wandered around and figured out later I did about a 5 mile run in 45 minutes or so.

I stretched, put the leg on ice and chowed down.

Tomorrow is the first day of classes.  I'm trying to decide if I should run again tomorrow morning or not.  It's that or an early morning bike ride.  Hmmm, decisions decisions.

Anyhow, here's to seeing PDN stuff while running and recovery!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like the leg is healing up nicely. I've noticed an improvement the last week or so; now I can touch the toes on my right foot for the first time in weeks and weeks. I'm just gonna take it real slow for the next several weeks. Doing three tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete