Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My wife is disappearing! (and more MSPaint art*)

Yup.  She's disappearing.  I've known her since I was 14 and she's disappearing.  Yet, I'm seeing more and more of her.  It's awesome.

Today we had to go clothes shopping, for both of us.  Like many of us do when gaining weight, we often put off moving up in sizes even though we by all rights should.  It's like admitting defeat.  Well, today we went the other way.  Her work clothes looked huge and sloppy.  They were falling off!  That bike riding is paying off after just three weeks.  I'm so happy for her.

On running notes:  Today I went on an easy 2 mile run.  I left the watch at home.  I always worry about speed and time, but that's has its place...which is nowhere near the first outdoors run in almost a month due to various left leg injuries.

As I mentioned it was my first outdoor run since injuring myself.  I left at 6 am and it was a beautiful morning.  It rained all night and was cloudy this morning.  The route I took is along a trail and dry river bed.  Because of the rain, the river bed was like running on the beach, much more pleasant than normal.

It was such a treat.  To sweeten the deal my youngest daughter, 12, came along with me.  What a way to start a day!  Tomorrow I'm going on a short, fast ride, and then a slightly longer run Friday morning.  I'll continue to heal so long as I can be patient and measured.

Here's to losing weight and being happier for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment