Monday, July 18, 2011

And finally some good news!

With all I've been reading lately on people's blogs about injuries, re-injuries and stubborn injuries, I thought I'd share that sometimes rest, stretching and strengthening really does work...at least a little.

I've not run for 3 weeks at all. It's been a month since I hurt my knee which lead to a hamstring/glute issue. I've been doing stretches and lunges and so on. I've worked on my core more than normal and ridden a bike and ... what's the verb to describe using an elliptical machine? Anyhow, that's what I've done.

Today I decided that if I could go through some strength training and stretching without any pain, I'd try a SLOW one mile (only) run on the tread mill.

All went well. I did the TM mile at a 10 minute pace with an incline of 1%. No problems. I stretched afterwards and felt good. It still doesn't feel healthy when stretching, but it's getting there. Tomorrow I'm NOT going to try and run, but will go for a long, hilly walk instead.

So, for those of you that are injured, I'm not gloating...I'm still a long way from healthy. I'm just sharing to say that you can't hurry the healing. Give it time and be vigilant.

For the rest of you, stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment