Friday, June 10, 2011

Unexpected day off...

One of the many things I need to work on is listening to my body. In the past I've repeatedly pushed through warning signs headlong into injury.

The other day I fought through the doldrums and ended up having a good run. I believe that was the right decision. But each workout since then has been a battle (either physical or mental) and each has been less fruitful. (Usually I'm just excited to "go.")

I woke up this morning and felt hungover. I haven't had any alcohol at all, so I know that's not the case. I ached all over and was extremely tired, fatigued. After a full night's restful sleep, that's a sign that I need a break. I was supposed to do an easy run this morning, but that's postponed. Either I'll do it this afternoon or not at all.

Now, one other issue. I've been craving something for a few days. I think it's plain potato chips, like regular plain Ruffles, but not that brand (don't like them). I've not touched anything like that for months and months, don't know why I have a sudden craving for them.

I figured it out while standing at a store's register yesterday. There was a case of them on display. I didn't buy them and it wasn't very hard NOT to. Instead, for dinner, I thinly sliced some new potatoes and pan fried them (using only cooking spray in a cast iron skillet) with some onions. That kind of did the trick. But, not entirely.

Salty and crunchy elusiveness, why do you taunt me so?

No comments:

Post a Comment