Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ready for further commitment

My best days of running are ahead of me. Why? Because I'm older and I want to run. Before I just ran because I could. Now, I can barely run and former me would definitely be frustrated with the current 2011 version. But this is something I want to do.

Nine months ago I agreed to exercise everyday that I worked. That has developed and led to bigger changes that were at the time unexpected. Back then, a small change had drastic effects. Because I had 100 pounds of excess weight with which to work, make a minor dietary adjustment had large benefits in weight loss.

Now, I may have a fifth of that original excess weight. As I get closer to where I 'need' to be, it is getting gradually more difficult to drop the weight. I never had a number in mind, or a clothes size. I just wanted to be healthier and lighter. Now I have a number in mind, but it's a functioning number. I think, and this may change, that if I weighed 180 to 185 I'd be able to do a lot of the things I have in mind. That's still 30 pounds over my "ideal" weight, but I don't know how those numbers come to be! Right now I'm 210 to 215. So, I have a ways to go.

A few months ago I wanted to join races just to complete them. Now, I want to compete. I need to drop the weight so that I can training with lower incidents of injury and also for the obvious reasons of speed.

I've already developed a menu from which I can eat. It consists of various items I can for meals and snacks that I can have at other times. I try not to eat after 7 pm. I eat immediately after working out and try to increase the veggies and limit the fats as much as possible.

But now, I need more. Over the next two months I want to design a training specific diet and go all out. I'd like to use the next two months to combine diet and exercise to really get over the hump and into a position where I can safely push myself to the point where I can compete as I hope to. I'll put a lot of time and energy into this and post how the progress an experiences go!

No comments:

Post a Comment