Friday, May 27, 2011

Humility

I've committed to beating my personal best 2 mile time of 11:30. That's my goal. It's going to take a lot of training, I will need to lose a lot more weight and diet will be critical.

Today I ran my first 2 mile on a track in ... well, probably 16 or 17 years. I hoped to be in the low 14's but was 14:48. Ouch. I ran the first mile in 7:05, which is what I expected and through lack experience just slowly tapered the speed off. At each lap my training partner would read me the time and I'd step it up, but would gradually taper off around the track.

I'm not really ashamed or embarrassed. It is what it is. When I think about it, I couldn't run one mile at all just 9 months ago. I had to quit running until about 2 months ago.

This is my starting point. It's a good thing I like to improve because I have a lot of room to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment