Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Small Victories

My alarm didn't go off this morning, so I woke up half an hour late. It wasn't a scheduled run day, but I had wanted to do a short, about 1 1/2 miles, run. I got up fast and went out the door. I completed the run. The first half is down hill, the second half is up hill...not a fair combination for someone just starting out.

But, I did it and it went well.

Yesterday, Labor Day, I went on a two mile run with my 12 year old daughter, who is in cross country. She is of course faster than me. She'd run ahead until she hit the mile marker, turn around and run back to me and so on until I finished the first mile. On the second mile I decided to run her pace. It was pretty tough for me, but I did it. Man, I used to be able to hardly break a sweat averaging 6:15 miles for a few miles. Oh well. Maybe I'll regain that speed, but if not, no biggie.

Tomorrow, depending on knee conditions (after two consecutive run days), I'm going to try what I call "the monster." It's only 2.5 miles or so, but STEEP. Did I mention it was STEEP?

No comments:

Post a Comment