Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm so happily WRONG!

I thought today was the first day of work.
W
R
O
N
G

That means I don't have mind-numbing meetings until tomorrow!  Now this idea isn't mine, but I did a quick google search for a poster I have in my classroom that refers to meetings and found this.  This is a good idea to make meetings less mind-numbing.  How bored could you be if everybody is a storm trooper?

To celebrate my extra day off I slept in until 7 am.  I didn't as much as stir until my wife told me she was leaving for work.  I thought about trying to go back to sleep, but decided a run would be better.   I drove to the trailhead and one the first step my injured left leg went "HEEEEEY, remember me?!?!"  

But I took it easy and had no other issues.  I completed a four mile single track trail run that's 85% shaded (a rare treat in this part of Arizona).   There were lots of calves that were afraid enough to trot away from me, but not enough to really leave.  They'd ramble up the trail a bit and then forget they were running...it's sometimes hard to remember you're fleeing something when the world is your pantry.  They'd start eating something and as if they'd never seen me before, take off again when I caught up to them.  The worst two offenders eventually crawled under some scrub and laid down. 

I am glad I've been able to be patient with my rehab.  I've developed and am continuing to develop some strengthening and stretching routines and devote more time to warming up and cooling down, for both running and riding.  These are things I needed to do anyway. 

It's been a while since I shared any MSPaint art with you.  So here goes:


No comments:

Post a Comment