Monday, June 6, 2011

Dietary Changes

I've been wrestling with a recent, and extended plateau for a while. I've lost about 80 pounds but the weight hasn't dropped in about 7 weeks now. Body fat is dropping, but I need to drop weight to save wear and tear on my knees, ankles, back and feet.

After re-examining my dietary habits, I've come up with some changes.

1. Eliminate all refined/processed sugars
2. Limit carbs after lunch
3. No eating after 7 pm
4. Replace gatorades with NUUN

For the next two weeks, I'm going to plan, and measure, each meal.

Breakfast will be:
1 cup of oatmeal with 2 TBS of raisins and 1 tps of raw honey
1 protein shake

Snacks (choose one)
1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
apple
watermelon
orange

Lunch:
Either 2 cups of pinto beans, 1/2 cup of brown rice with jalapenos, salsa and veggie garnishes to taste

or

greek yogurt smoothy

Dinner:
Salad with tuna

Dessert: watermelon

Still hungry: Popcorn


This isn't far off from what I currently eat. The differences will be portions and cheating! I'll have to monitor how I feel and make changes as needed, but I hope this will knock me off the plateau!

No comments:

Post a Comment