Monday, May 16, 2011

Today's Run





This afternoon I took my daughter, Brianna, on a nice run. I used iMapmyrun software and unfortunately it didn't work for a good portion of the run! DOH! Anyhow, in a three mile run we climbed almost 1000 feet and in four total climbs. OUCH!

It was a neat run because the area had been burnt thoroughly from a forest fire about a month previously. We ran into some signs of illegal immigrants and smuggling, found an abandoned (and luckily closed) mine and some amazing vistas!

Here's the map of the run, though it was cut short by about a half mile or so.http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/34540468


Here's Brianna standing in front of a nice flower growing from a charred rock.


Today I wore some new trail running shoes and am I glad I chose those over my most typical choice, some toe shoes. The terrain was ROUGH. I can't wait to do it again.

I plan on taking my daughter running 5 or 6 times a week over the next few months. She's in cross country and wants to improve. I need a running partner. Plus, it's great fun to spend time together and explore the high Sonoran Desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment